Vietnam garnet sand
What is garnet sand?
Garnet sand properties
Garnet sand is granular in nature and comes in various powder sizes. It contains approximately 42% Silicon Oxide, 20% Aluminum Oxide, 12% Magnesium Oxide, 3% Calcium Oxide, 10% Iron Oxide and 13% Iron Oxide with traces of Manganese Oxide.
Uses of garnet sand
- Garnet sand has many different applications in the chemical, construction and mineral industries.
- It is widely used as a semi-precious stone in jewelry making.
- It is used to create friction while constructing anti-slip surfaces.
- Garnet Sand is an excellent abrasive. This is why Garnet abrasives are widely used in sandblasting to replace Silica sand. Since Garnet Sand has granular particles, it is more suitable for blasting treatment.
- Garnet abrasives are also used to cut steel in water jets because when used in combination with high pressure water, Garnet sand is an excellent abrasive.
- Garnet paper created from Garnet Sand is used by carpenters to finish wooden furniture.
- In water filters, Garnet sand is used as filter material. It removes suspended impurities from the water and helps heavy sludge flocs settle.
- Garnet sand filter system applies to water with high turbidity passing through Garnet sand, which has the ability to effectively retain and remove suspended solids, organic matter, colloidal particles, microorganisms, chlorine, odors and some number of heavy metal ions.
- One of the main uses of Garnet is Abrasive Garnet. It also has two types: explosive grade and abrasive grade. At the blasting level, Garnet particles are larger than 250 micrometers and are widely used in blasting treatments. Abrasive grade garnet has particles ranging in size from 75 micrometers to 250 micrometers. It is commonly used in waterjet cutting as explained above. In general, Garnet Sand with larger sized particles is used to give fast and crisp results while those with smaller sized particles are used to provide a smoother finish.
Above is basic information about the characteristics, uses and how to use garnet sand effectively. If you want to buy quality Vietnamese garnet sand for water filtration at a good price, please contact Song Phung Environmental Company immediately for quick advice and support!
Calculate filter media for filter tank (Purpose: calculate filter media, select filter media, calculate height of filter material in filter tank, select filter capacity for filter tank, select appropriate filter tank)
Average filter flow (for sand filter): m3/h
Total height of filter media: mm
|Filter media height
|Birm for removed iron
|ODM for removed iron
Xem thêm: Hướng dẫn tính toán vật liệu lọc