Large size filter gravel
Features, technical specifications in the product catalog:
What is supporting gravel used for water filtration?
Water filter gravel (support gravel, quartz gravel) is one of the popular water filtration materials today. This material has the effect of filtering and preventing small suspended elements that cannot naturally precipitate in the water source. It is often used as a support material along with other materials in the filtration process: quartz sand, activated carbon, ODM or manganese sand.
Ingredients of supporting gravel product:
- Silicon oxide (SiO2) content: 99.4%.
- Aluminum oxide (Al2O3) content: 0.1%.
- Iron oxide content (Fe2O3): < 0.1%.
- Sodium oxide (Na2O) content: 0.1%.
- Clay composition: < 0.1%.
- Solubility rate in hydrochloric acid: ≤ 0.2%.
- Impurities: 1%.
- Mechanical strength: 7.5.
Advantages of quartz gravel
- Sand and gravel for water filtration are materials that exist naturally, so the cost of exploitation and production is cheap and can be met in a short time.
- Quartz gravel has high hardness so it does not corrode and has a long life.
- Quartz gravel does not affect or change the physical and chemical properties of water because it does not react with chemical agents in the water.
- Insoluble and hard, suitable for use as bottom lining of water softening systems.
- Quartz gravel is easily combined with other filtering materials such as manganese sand, activated carbon, cation particles, etc. to increase the treatment efficiency of the water treatment system.
What is the effect of gravel in water filtration?
- Water filter gravel is a very popular water filtration material today, which has the effect of filtering and preventing small suspended particles that cannot naturally precipitate in the water source.
- Water filter gravel is used as a support material for other materials in the filtration process such as: quartz sand, activated carbon, manganese sand, ODM, birm granules,…
Application of water filtration gravel
- Treatment of water supply, pure water, domestic water for households and industry.
- Domestic wastewater treatment in industrial parks, urban areas,…
- As a construction additive.
- Making ship-blasting sand requires a large size.
- Making construction materials such as decorating flower beds, ornamental plants, wall tiles, etc.
Some requirements for water filtration gravel
- Choose polygonal or spherical particles that ensure enough hardness and durability to not reduce water flow, are not mixed with toxic impurities, and meet density requirements (filter gravel density is usually 1400kg/ m3) helps bring the best water filtration efficiency.
- Gravel density must be greater than 2.5kg/l unless there are specific design requirements. The proportion of gravel with broken or cracked surfaces does not exceed 25% of the sample’s weight. For flat or too long particles, it should not be more than 2% of the sample weight. Especially do not choose gravel mixed with clay, schist or other organic impurities.
Note when using quartz sand and gravel
- Water filter gravel is placed at the bottom of the column or filter tank to act as a support material for other types of filter materials.
- Filter gravel will be combined with filter sand (manganese sand or quartz sand) to bring the best quality and highest filtration efficiency.
- The minimum thickness of the supporting gravel layer is 0.2m. You need to cover the water outlet pipe when pouring gravel into the column or filter tank.
- Filter gravel must be replaced every 6 to 12 months. Regularly clean the filter gravel.
Reputable unit selling water filter gravel and water filter stone
Calculate filter media for filter tank (Purpose: calculate filter media, select filter media, calculate height of filter material in filter tank, select filter capacity for filter tank, select appropriate filter tank)
Average filter flow (for sand filter): m3/h
Total height of filter media: mm
|Filter media height
|Birm for removed iron
|ODM for removed iron
Xem thêm: Hướng dẫn tính toán vật liệu lọc