Features, technical specifications in the product catalog:
Characteristics and indexes of Anthracite coal
- Volatile matter of anthracite activated carbon: From 3 – 10%.
- Heating value of coal: From 6900 – 7300 kcal/kg.
- Fineness: From 2 – 5%.
- Ash content: 10 – 20%.
- Raw moisture: From 6 – 12%.
- Hardgrove index: From 35 – 55.
- Ignition temperature: 880oC.
- The smoldering temperature of coal is about 450oC.
- Residual pressure at explosion point: 6.3 bar.
- Carbon content: From 92.1 – 98%.
Characteristics of Anthracite coal
- Anthracite coal is a filter material, often used in clean water treatment plants and large-capacity wastewater treatment plants to remove agents that cause water turbidity and suspended solids.
- Is Anthracite coal is coal? Anthracite activated carbon is one of the types of coal, with the highest degree of metamorphosis, few impurities, and the highest carbon and energy content compared to other types of coal.
- Because anthracite activated carbon has a specific gravity smaller than that of sand, it is often arranged with a layer of filter sand, usually on top to ensure stability.
- Thanks to the high carbon content in Anthracite coal, this type of coal is completely resistant to chemicals and stable in acidic and basic environments. Therefore, the product is widely used in industrial and civil water filtration plants.
Advantages of anthracite coal
- The capacity of Anthracite coal can absorb and contain large amounts of residue, so it is suitable for treating water with high turbidity, helping to increase filtration cycles.
- The product can be combined with sand in existing filter tanks without changing the tank structure.
- The product can help increase the filter layer thickness, help improve output water quality, reduce construction area, and reduce initial investment costs.
- You can easily change a regular filter tank to an Anthracite coal filter tank. Please rest assured that the filtering and washing processes still take place normally. Improve the quality of filtered water when using this type of charcoal with other filter ingredients.
- Quality anthracite activated carbon will have high carbon content, low impurities, and is durable in acidic and basic environments.
- Anthracite coal can prevent clogging due to the formation of Syndra bacteria, Microcystin… and also prevent the formation of small round balls that clog the filter sand layer.
- Another advantage is that activated carbon is light, so washing the filter is easier than sand and requires less washing water, the amount of washing water is reduced by 20-30%.
- Increase filtration cycle by 1.5-2 times
Principle of operation
In water treatment
- A great application of Anthracite coal is used in water treatment. Because this type of coal has a hollow structure, it is used as a water filtration material in purifiers, especially in the filtration of industrial waste and water with high chemical composition.
- Anthracite activated carbon is found in home water purifiers. In the water purifier, the Anthracite coal layer is lined at the top. When combined with a layer of quartz sand, water filter sand will cause residue, mud floss or large sand particles to be retained in the first layer of coal. Small suspended substances and turbid substances will be retained by the sand layer below, making the filtered water quality better, cleaner, clearer and safer for users.
In the metallurgical industry
Reputable unit selling anthracite coal for water filtration
Calculate filter media for filter tank (Purpose: calculate filter media, select filter media, calculate height of filter material in filter tank, select filter capacity for filter tank, select appropriate filter tank)
Average filter flow (for sand filter): m3/h
Total height of filter media: mm
|Filter media height
|Birm for removed iron
|ODM for removed iron
Xem thêm: Hướng dẫn tính toán vật liệu lọc