High flow cartridge filter 20inch
Features, technical specifications, cutting drawings of High flow cartridge filter 20inch:
What is High flow cartridge filter 20inch?
High-flow cartridge filter or HF filter often refers to a pleated filter with a larger outer diameter and surface filtration area, which processes liquid at a higher flow rate, at a higher speed. Larger flow and stronger dirt holding capacity, can help users save filtration system space. Compared to traditional 2.5″ OD filters and liquid filter bags, the high flow filter saves labor costs and replacement time, increasing system filtration efficiency at a lower cost.
For high-volume applications or systems operating at very high flow rates, high-flow filters are a more suitable alternative to standard cartridge or bag filter systems. Due to the large filter surface area (up to 8 m2) resulting from the pleated structure, the high-flow filter tank requires significantly fewer filter cartridges, thereby reducing the number of replacement cartridges and maintenance costs while also providing Effective filter change time. A single 60″ HF filter element is capable of operating at the same flow rate as: 4 standard size 2 filter bags or up to 30 standard 30″ pleated fine filters.
The standard high flow filter is constructed entirely of polypropylene. A filter made of fiberglass exists for high temperature applications. High flow filters are commonly used for; chemical, food and beverage, mining, pharmaceutical, desalination, pre-RO and water treatment/treatment applications.
What are the advantages of high-flow cartridge filtration?
- Higher flow rate: Due to the large outer diameter of the high-flow fine filter element, it has a larger filtration surface area. Under the same operating conditions, the volume of liquid passing through an HF filter will be greater than the volume of liquid passing through a 2.5-inch outer diameter depth filter.
- Smaller footprint: When the system water demand is the same, the number of high-flow HF filter cartridges of the same length will be less than the number of deep filter cartridges with an outer diameter of 2.5 inches, so the outer diameter of the high-flow filter housing is also relatively small, thus reducing the system footprint.
- Lower maintenance costs: When replacing the filter core, compared to a 2.5″ OD deep filter core, it is more convenient to replace the high flow filter, which reduces labor costs when replacing the core filter.
- Because fewer high-flow filter cartridges are used in a system with the same type of water demand, disposal costs for high-flow filters are lower when disposing of waste.
- Greater Dirt Holding Capacity: The surface filtration area of a high-flow filter element is larger than that of a 2.5-inch OD depth filter element, so the high-flow pleated filter element can contain more contaminants contamination (colloids, particles, etc.) in the liquid.
- Higher production efficiency: If there is no backup filter system, it is necessary to first stop the system and then replace the internal filter elements. Because the high-flow filter core replacement time is short, downtime is shortened, production time is extended, and production efficiency is improved.
What is the application of high-flow cartridge filtration?
High flow cartridge filtration is extremely widely used in water treatment and industrial production
- Pre-filter water before entering the RO system and other membrane types (UF, Nano)
- Large capacity industrial water filtration
- Filtering swimming pool water (usually using surface filter core)
- Oil removal and particle filtration in refineries and petrochemical plants
- Liquid filtration in the food and beverage industry
- Application in pharmaceuticals
- Petroleum refinery and chemical plant
- Filters inks, paints and special coatings
- Electroplating filters chemicals
- Cosmetics and personal care
- Made in wine and fish sauce
- Brew beer
When do you need to replace the HF filter core?
It’s important to know when to replace your filter cartridge. Fine filters may come with a general guideline suggesting the number of days it should operate – for example, once every 30 days or once every 45 days based on its ability to hold dirt. However, the number of days a filter lasts also depends on the contaminant concentration in the filtered liquid.
When your pressure differential reaches the preset value – say 10psi, you know that the filter element is clogged and needs to be replaced. Determining the pressure difference is simple by looking at the pressure gauge installed before and after the fine filter.
How to clean industrial HF filter cores?
Industrial fine filters are widely used in industries such as pharmaceutical, chemical, ink and paint, food and beverage, automobile manufacturing, cement industry, petroleum, oil refineries, petrochemical, etc. It is important to clean these filter cartridges to ensure that they filter consistently over a long period of time.
Industrial filter cores provided by Song Phung have high dirt holding capacity, are easy to install, clean and maintain. The fine filter element is sturdy, has a solid quality core and has well-formed layers, so cleaning and installing them is very easy.
Some filtration systems allow backwashing and have a CIP system design. But most have to be taken out of their shells, sterilized and washed. When not in use, these cleaned filter cartridges are dried and sealed or vacuumed to prevent contamination or wear.
In addition, Song Phung also provides customers with installation and replacement guidance services for HF high-flow filter cores. Through many years of experience in the industry, to help users solve problems encountered when installing and replacing filter elements, we have summarized the following main steps to replace high-flow filter elements as follows:
- First of all, we must check whether the specifications of the new filter element to be replaced (length, outer diameter, manufacturer’s filter slots, etc.) and the quality of the high-flow filter meet the standards use or not and prepare disassembly tools to replace the filter core;
- Make sure the system is turned off and the high-flow filter housing inlet/outlet valves are closed;
- Slowly open the vent valve above the high-flow filter housing to relieve pressure;
- Slowly open the blowdown valve of the high-flow filter housing to drain the liquid in the housing until the liquid no longer flows out;
- Open the cover above the housing and take out the used high-flow filter in the housing;
- Thoroughly wash any remaining dirt on the surface and inside of the high-flow filter housing;
- Open the packaging bag of the high-flow filter cartridge and wet the O-ring on the end cover of the filter cartridge with lubricant or water to prevent the O-ring from falling off due to friction when installing the filter cartridge;
- Manually insert the HF filter core vertically into the mounting base at the bottom of the housing, then install and fix the core positioning plate, finally cover and lock the housing cover;
- First close the blowdown valve, then slightly open the water supply valve to let the liquid enter the high-flow filter housing, until the liquid overflows from the vent valve at the top of the housing, then close the vent valve;
- Slowly open the outlet-filter valve of the housing until it is completely open, then slowly adjust the inlet water supply valve until the pressure difference between the inlet and outlet of the HF filter housing reaches the difference value initial pressure deviation;
Offers, promotions, details of accompanying accessories (if any)
- Song Phung is one of the reputable and long-standing importers and distributors of HF filter valves in the Vietnamese market.
- The price of high flow fine filters is distributed by Song Phung at the lowest price on the market
- HF fine filter products – iGlobal are guaranteed genuine by Song Phung, spare parts are available to replace